.

Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Family Emergency + going home = BAD Eating Choices!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
So last Friday i get a call from my mum and it has to do with a family emergency and my youngest brother who is 15... So i head home...

Well me heading home means good bye to all my healthy choices... because basically i stop even thinking about it!

I am going to give myself a break on this one due to the fact, there was an actual emergency But i will take responsibility for the slip up. In the past i would never take responsibility, so at least this is a plus!

So i haven’t taken any measurements today, but it’s not because i don’t want to, but because i just got home. So i will get back on track asap, and wi on Saturday.
So this brings me to my latest thoughts... or topic.... RESPONSIBILITY...

–noun, plural -ties.
1. the state or fact of being responsible.
2. an instance of being responsible: The responsibility for this mess is yours!
3. a particular burden of obligation upon one who is responsible: the responsibilities of authority.

It has taken me a long time to understand that getting healthy is directly related to taking responsibility. Before when I use to yo-yo diet, I would blame situations on my binge eating, or blame the people I was with for my bad choices. BUT no more! It is my responsibility to make the proper choices when I am with friends, it is my responsibility to recognize when I am binge eating. It is also my responsibility to not get upset with myself when I slip, but to recognize the slip and get back on track and to forgive myself for these slip ups! I can do it, I know I can!

Here is a great article I found online about responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment