1 cup soda cracker crumbs
5 TBS melted butter
2 1/2 cups thinly sliced vidalia onions
2 TBS butter
3/4 cup milk
1 cup grated cheese
|1. Make a pie shell by mixing the cracker crumbs with the melted butter in the bottom of a pie pan. Use a fork to work up the sides.|
2. Bake the cracker crust at 350 degrees F until it is partially cooked (about 8 minutes). Remove from oven and sit aside.
3. Saute onions in butter until translucent (about 3-4 minutes) and place in partially baked pie shell.
4. Beat the milk and eggs together in a small bowl then pour over the vidalia onions in the pie shell. Add pepper to taste
5. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
6. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. Serve hot.
|I sometimes add different cheeses, or garlic.|