.

Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Motivation


I have been sick for the past few days, and I missed my WI last night.  I just couldn’t get the energy to get dressed and go... funny thing... I had the energy to eat a full bag of Bugles.  This got me to thinking about Motivation.... but I was too lazy to write anything about it last night.
I started today by getting out of bed (which was hard) and going to work.  I feel like crap still but today I started thinking what I truly find motivating.  


Motivation - the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behaviour.


1)      The future and what I want...  I am sure this sounds selfish, but really all this hard work is about me!  And you are probably wondering what I want for the future... I want to be healthy, have a baby before 40 (gulp that is 5 years away), and be able to shop in a regular store.

2)      Have an accountability partner. Find a friend that will keep you on track.

3)      Celebrate the small victories! Because small victories will add up to one BIG victory. 


4)       Don’t rush it! Pace yourself.  Trying to do too much at one time will just end up getting you discouraged.  Take baby steps... Creating a stepping plan.

5)       Create POSITIVE LIST... and every time you feel down about your new healthy you, look at the list.  It is truly an amazing accomplishment to even have one thing on the list.

6)      Get a theme song. It will excite you, get you pumped up....

1 comment:

  1. OK, had to LOL at you thinking about Motivation and being too lazy to write about it! ;-) Great list! Hope you feel better by now! One day at a time, keep making healthy choices!

    ReplyDelete